Black pepper crab :D - my secret recipe, a great dish for friends who come over :) all my students like it too :)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 garlic clove
- add 3 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- add 2 eggs
- add 3 tablespoons black pepper sauce (can buy from any supermarket,Sing long brand)
- add 3 live crabs
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 cup water
- add 2 chili peppers
- add 30 g gingerroot
- first, kill the crabs and remove all the soft tissue, throw the head away and break all the shells of the pincers.
- chop the garlic and ginger and chilli padi together till finely minced and then add oil to the frying pan, and fry the whole mixture till lightly browned.
- If you like to eat more garlic can add more minced garlic for flavour.
- Next, add crab and fry and toss crabs till it's slightly cooked ( u can see it turning slightly red.).
- Now, add 1 cup of water and turn the fire to high heat, when the water starts to boil, cover the frying pan for 2-5 minutes.
- Check when the crabs are fully red, meaning they're cooked, add half a cup of water more.
- Now add 3 table spoon of black pepper sauce, 3 table spoon of coarse black pepper
- cover the frying pan again to let it boil again.
- beat 2 eggs well.
- When the crabs start to boil again, add the eggs into the pan and keep stirring till the eggs are cooked and absorb all the water to become a thick mixture, eggs should form a saucy texture.
- When the egg mixture starts to boil and bubble again. Remove from frying pan and serve.