With a delicious marinade and mouth-watering sauce, this dish offers all the right mix of flavors. I used sirloin and *accidentally* let it marinate for well over 24 hours. Time estimate does not include marination time.
- add 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- add 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- add 2 cups dry pasta such as farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- add 1 1/4 lbs sirloin
- add 1 teaspoon minced garlic (fresh or jar)
- add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- add 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- add 3/4 cup onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or mustard powder)
- add 2 1/2 cups cremini mushrooms or button mushrooms
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1 teaspoon mustard powder (or prepared Dijon)
- add 2 tablespoons water
- add 14 ounces beef broth
- add 4 cups broccoli florets
- add 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- add 3/4 cup sour cream
- add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Marinate beef at least one hour.
- Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms; Remove from pan.
- Sauté beef in hot pan in two batches; Return mushrooms to pan; Deglaze with wine; Add stock, mustard and herbs.
- Combine cornstarch and water; Thicken beef and sauce mixture with cornstarch slurry; Stir in sour cream.
- Cook egg noodles 10 minutes; Drain.
- Drop broccoli in pot of boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Plate pasta and top with broccoli and stroganoff.